The University of the West of Scotland (UWS) MBA is designed to reflect the evolving nature of business and the global challenges facing business leaders. It focuses on developing strategic analytical skills, business intuition, and enquiring and adaptive thinking.
This program produces high calibre graduates who can effectively respond to unpredictable challenges in globally competitive business environments. It provides essential core business knowledge and understanding with a strong emphasis on developing the applied managerial skills vital for effective business leaders. Your communication, negotiation and facilitating skills will be nurtured and enhanced.
The MBA program is supported by its own virtual learning environment – the UWS Online World – which provides access to MBA core text and allows students to study online
with their peers.
The UWS MBA prepares you for leadership. It provides a rigorous grounding in the knowledge and skills necessary to operate effectively as a strategic general manager.
MBA graduates may also undertake research e.g. as a Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) in a particular branch of business/ management, or a taught Doctor of Business Administration (DBA).
- Integration of Business Functions
- Business Creativity
- Innovation Entrepreneurship and Market
- Managing Organizational Health
- Influencing Organizational Strategy
- Analytical Thinking and Decision Making
- New Venture Creation
- Leading Change
- Strategic Business Project (Dissertation)
Why UWS MBA?
- Top 600 University in the Times Higher Education’s 2020 World University Ranking
- Top 150 in Times Higher Education’s 2020 Young University Rankings
- Top 100 UK Universities on The Times/Sunday Times Good University Guide, 2019
- Highest ranked post -1992 university in Scotland on the Times/Sunday Times Good University Guide 2019
- Highest in Scotland for teaching quality and student experience (The Times/The Sunday Times Good University Guide)
- Face-to-Face Lectures
- Fly-in international faculty
- Support workshops from local tutors
- Access to local tutors for voluntary consultations
- Online resources from the University
- MBA Online World
- e-book for each module (workbook with hyperlink)
- Students can read ahead of classes
- Interact with friends from different locations
- Online forums and chats
- Assignments only (NO EXAMS!!)
- Reseats and resubmissions available